Wednesday, August 12, 2009

RECESSION PROOF GOURMET

Hi Every Body


Here I am at last. I haven't had a minute's peace so far this week. You know busy, busy and busy!!!!!


To business now:


First I would like to thank Griz for his kind concern and for putting out the call for help for me. The response has been awesome and I can hardly wait to read all the comments and maybe implement all the suggestions, Please have patience, I am overwhelmed but thanks a bunch.


Hey, Griz I hope you did well at your golf tournament. I also tried to leave a post on your blog but for some reason I couldn't find how. I'm not sure if I left one before, anyway, I promise you a big thank you so here goes:




THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH GRIZ!!!!!!


I have a rather nice casserole recipe for all of you today, I know I say this about every recipe I post but why would I share them if I didn't think they were great.


Only the best recipes go into this blog, I'll have you all know! No rubbish here! Seriously all these recipes have passed my family's taste test and have been made by yours truly regularly and often.


This is going to be quick today as I want to go read the comments and we'll see how far I get.



LIMA BEANS and BACON in TOMATO SHERRY SAUCE


1 pound sliced bacon

11/2 chopped onion

3/4 diced green pepper

2 packages frozen lima beans (10oz each)

1 cup pitted chopped black olives

1/4 cup dry sherry

1 can tomato soup ( condensed)

salt

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese


Saute the bacon in skillet until it is crisp. Drain on paper towel. Pour off most of the fat from skillet and add the onion, chopped pepper and a minced garlic clove. Saute for about 2 to 3 minutes. Cook Lima beans according to package directions but do not overcook; drain. Place Lima beans, onion mixture, half the bacon,olives and sherry in a greased 2 -quart casserole. Mix soup with seasonings and then with the Lima bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in prheated moderate oven (350f) for about 20 minutes. Garnish with the remaining bacon.


This is supposed to make enough for 6 portions but it never did at my house, however you all know me if you need more...........boil some noodles, they go well with this too.
So until next time I hope you enjoy the recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki - more coments from a Grix follower.
    1 - You seem to be giving the same title to all your posts 'recession proof gourmet' this is not a good idea as it just confuses Google's computers and your posts may not be indexed - you can use 'recession proof gourmet' in the title but add something else as well.
    2 - If you intend making money blogging I would suggest adding another blog that has nothing to do with recipes - I've got a recipe blog and I;ve found that people who visit tend not to click on anything ! - you can see it here - http://recipeideas.blogspot.com/2008/06/recipe-fondue-surrealist-surprise.html - I'll put up a link to your blog from there too.

    ReplyDelete